AWARDED NSW BEST SMALL PRIVATE REGIONAL CENTRE, 2019
Developing Dreams Early Learning Centre, Chain Valley Bay
COMING SOON: Developing Dreams Early Learning, Woongarrah
- Exceeding Service - as rated by the ACECQA, 2020
- Finalist - Australian Small Business Championship Awards, Early Childhood Education, 2020
- Winner - NSW Best Small Private, Regional Service, 2019
- Finalist - Outstanding Early Childhood Centre, Central Coast Small Business Awards, 2019 & 2020
- Finalist - Excellence in Early Childhood Education Awards, Teams 2019
- Finalist - Excellence in Early Childhood Education Awards, Training & Development 2019
- Nominated, Telstra Business Women's Awards 2019
- Nominated, HESTA Early Childhood Education & Care Awards, 2019
- Parliament Community Recognition Statement, 2019
- Trainee of the Year Finalist, 2019
Relationships & Wellbeing
These are the guiding values of Developing Dreams and are embedded seamlessly throughout the Service.
Developing Dreams Early Learning Centre is a purpose-built, heart-led and intentional preschool caring for children aged between 2-5 years.
Owned and operated by local mothers and friends Kristine and Catherine, the Service has quickly gained a reputation as the go-to place for support and empowerment.
"Children are born belonging to a culture, which is not only influenced by traditional practices, heritage and ancestral knowledge, but also by the experiences, values and beliefs of individual families and communities."
Belonging, Being, Becoming - The Early Years Learning Framework
Consistent, Compassionate & Committed Educators
"The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team." Phil Jackson
Staff are individually selected based on the unique qualities they offer the vision of Dreams. Each brings qualities, dispositions and skills which contribute to the creation of positive Relationships and Wellbeing for all.
Rebecca Thompson, Stone & Sprocket
"Kristine & Catherine are a boost to the education profession as they strive to be dynamic and everchanging with what their community needs. I am grateful to have crossed paths with the Developing Dreams team because I know that children and families are going to be supported and heard in some of the most vulnerable times in their lives."
Early Childhood Curriculum
"There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots, the other is wings." Hodding Carter Jr
The emotional and social wellbeing of the children - that is, a true sense of belonging - is the foundation of the curriculum at Developing Dreams Early Learning Centre.
Components of our Educational Program includes:
- Celebration Of Dreams - a month-long winter wonderland of connection and curiosity for all
- Exploration Of Dreams - a bush kindy program which is designed to promote in children, connection with self, with others and with their wider world.
- Developing Wellbeing: Developing Dreams - a program influenced by the work of Martin Seligman and his book 'Flourish'. The program emphasises 5 areas of wellbeing necessary for children to flourish: Belonging, Happiness, Flow, Emotion Coaching & Gratitude.
- Flexible indoor and outdoor routines
- Balance of learning experiences catering for children's holistic development within group and individual contexts
- Inclusive practices for all
- A Mentally Aware Workplace
- Reciprocal relationships with feeder schools
- Professional collaborations with other sector services, such as therapists and inclusion support agencies
"It is always difficult as a mum to hand over your children to someone else. You hope they will be listened to and understood, be treated with respect and helped in developing not only learning skills, but life and social skills as well. Catherine & Kristine's team, under their leadership, guidance and example, manage all of that and more. Their approach to all they do is obviously underpinned by a deep understanding of child development and a genuine passion for giving their all to every child in their care and their family."
What are the enrolment details of your Centre?
What are your fees and what do they include?
My child has never been without me and suffers from anxiety. Am I doing the wrong thing by enrolling them in preschool?
How long is your waitlist?
Do you have a school readiness program?
More Kind Words
We appreciate and value the professional accolades Developing Dreams Early Learning Centre has received, but it's the relationships with those who invest in us that are the greatest indicator of our Service's quality.
I wanted to thank you and all your beautiful staff for welcoming us to Developing Dreams. Paris has come home each afternoon so happy with so many wonderful things to tell us. I as a a parent feel so happy and confident leaving my treasure in yours and the staff's hands. Again, I thank you and look forward to the amazing time Paris will have at Dreams.
Leisl Tesch MP, Member for Gosford
"I am thankful that intelligent & caring people like Catherine Schasser and Kristine Elliott of Developing Dreams have the passion and drive to do this incredible work.
They foster a sense of community for their families on the Central Coast by running social and workshop programs for parents, supporting them through the joys and challenges of parenthood.
Catherine and Kristine's commitment to the physical and mental wellbeing of children and their parents should be commended."